Jennifer L. Gokenbach is a founder and partner with The Workplace Counsel – a boutique labor & employment defense firm located in the Theatre District of Downtown Denver, Colorado. Her firm is the exclusive Colorado firm of Worklaw® Network, a network of more than three hundred and fifty (350) management-side labor and employment attorneys across the United States, and in Australia, Canada, Europe, India, and Mexico.
Jennifer started her own firm after spending nearly a decade practicing with large law firms. Before forming a boutique law firm, Jennifer was a Shareholder with Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C. – one of the nation’s largest labor & employment law firms, and also led the Employment Group for Moye White, LLP – a large Colorado firm.
Being a business owner or manager in today’s world is not easy, and Jennifer enjoys helping businesses of all sizes navigate and stay ahead of the ever-changing employment laws, regulations and rules, as well as provide legal services focused on integrity, ingenuity, professionalism, and cost-effective strategies.
To learn more about Jennifer, including some of her notable cases, speaking engagements and published works, click here.
- Partner, The Workplace Counsel (May 2019 – present)
- Founding Attorney, Gokenbach Law, LLC (April 2012 – present)
- Shareholder, Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart, P.C. (June 2010 – April 2012)
- Attorney/Co-Chair Employment Group, Moye White LLP (April 2005 – June 2010)
- Attorney, McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP (October 2003 – April 2005)
- Contract Attorney, Ogborn, Summerlin & Ogborn, LLC (August 2003 – October 2003)
- Law Intern, U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Colorado (October 2002 – April 2003)
- Law Clerk, District Attorney’s Office, Adams County, Colorado (April 2002 – September 2002)
- Web Developer, Metabolife International, Inc., San Diego, California (March 2000 – August 2000)
- Senior Programmer/Analyst, Science Applications International Corporation, San Diego, California (June 1999 – August 2000)
- Systems Analyst, Mail Boxes Etc., San Diego, California (October 1997 – June 1999)
- Quality Assurance Analyst, Jenny Craig, Inc., San Diego, California (October 1995 – October 1997)